Sunday, September 18, 2011

Gratitude Sunday!


Another week gone already? I would normally be a bit disturbed by how fast it went, but these days, it's a delightful surprise.

Things have been going a bit slowly around here. The only things still producing are the beans and the okra in the garden, and the persimmons in the yard. That's fine by us, as it gives us time to focus on this winter's projects. Among those are fixing up our big shed and turning it into a chicken coop, and plotting out the new home for the garden in front. This week, I need to start on a cold weather roost for our rooster, but that should be fairly simple, as we always seem to have scrap lumber and bedding these days.

I find myself falling even more and more in love with homesteading. I love making plans, I love working on projects and seeing that yes, I can actually do that! It may not be a slower life, persay, but it is much more rewarding than simply focusing on my retail job. I am much happier, and much more myself these days.

On to the gratitude!

-Mom is just about back to her old self after the car accident she was involved in last week, and all of that is being worked out by official types.

-I am so happy to have met someone who not only encourages me to be my crazy self every day, but who wants to learn all of this "farming stuff" with me. It makes me just glow with joy to look forward to sharing the learning process with someone I can really relate to.

-October is not that far away! Not only is it my favorite month, but it has great things in store this year. Ohhhh, cryptic, huh?

-This afternoon, I'm heading out to a day of silliness and a concert with a very good friend.

-The weather has turned colder for a bit, and I am relishing the time spent curled up with coffee and a sweater, with no AC or heat blasting down on me. I can't wait until it's cold enough to fire up the wood stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment