Monday, September 12, 2011

Gratitude Sunday on Monday!

It's been a long week, what can I say?

Everything was going swimmingly until Saturday, when I got a call at work to inform me that my mother had been in a car accident. She's fine, if bruised and battered, but it was a terrifying moment in my life. I think I'm going to be putting her in a bubble - a badly broken leg last year, the tornado we weathered this year, and now a car accident? Really?

Tonight, well, this morning, my list is as follows:

I am so very grateful that my mother was in a Volvo on Saturday. The accident could have been much, much worse if she hadn't been.

I'm immensely grateful for one of the managers at work who okayed my going home after I heard, gave me a hug on my way out of the door, made me laugh, gave me more hugs when I saw him again, and just generally made life easier and me feel better.

The opportunity, in a week, to go out for the night and let my hair down with some very good friends at a concert. I can't wait!

And certainly not least, spending a very large portion of time getting to know someone new quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment